Summer is already here – and if you’re like most parents, you’re looking for fun ways to keep your children engaged. Research shows that students who do not participate in educational activities over the summer can lose up to two months’ worth of learning, putting them behind their peers when they return to school in the fall.
Tynker’s Summer Code-A-Thon, a 6-week summer program open to any kids with a free Tynker account. The Summer Code-A-Thon keeps kids engaged and motivated with weekly challenges, competitions, and prizes. As they learn to code, kids of all experience levels will express their creativity, practice reading and math skills, and develop computational thinking!
Great for Beginners and Advanced Coders
- Complete fun coding projects every week – Each week we’ll introduce a new coding project with options for both visual and text coding tracks. Kids’ minds will be challenged as they create projects based on fun weekly themes that showcase their coding skills and creativity!
- Publish and share projects with the Tynker community – Kids complete any available mission, publish the finished project, then get inspiration from what other kids have created!
- Earn awesome certificates and prizes – There are tons of fun, motivating certificates that kids can receive for participation, achievement, and completion. The top 20 projects each week will win a special certificate and a limited edition Tynker T-shirt!
- Open to all! – The Code-A-Thon is open to any child with a free Tynker account, but requires a connected parent account in order for a child to be eligible to receive additional participation certificates and prizes. No purchase necessary.
Get Started for Free!
Starting on July 2, 2018, anyone can participate in the Code-A-Thon from home with a laptop, desktop, or Chromebook computer, or with the Tynker app on an iPad or Android tablet. Here’s how to get started:
- Create a free student account for your child and verify the account with your parent email address.
- Log in to the student account.
- Start coding!
On the Tynker app: Click on the lightning bolt icon at the top right of the home screen to view notifications. Click on the “Start” button on the notification to start the challenge.
On the computer: Go to your dashboard and click on the Summer Coding Challenge.
Stay tuned for the Code-A-Thon kick-off, and be sure to share this free program with any friends looking for new ways to stimulate their children’s minds over the summer!